This makes a moist & tasty cornbread casserole, but you could make muffins from it, too.
I like to add sour cream to make it extra moist.
- 1 can whole corn
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1 box cornbread muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- Combine all ingredients and place in a greased 9×9 baking dish. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom and edges.
For holiday prep, you can make this ahead of time, and reheat at 350 for 15 minutes. Or, if you’re filling the oven with all the side dishes, it can be cooked at 350 for 45 minutes.
The perfect side dish for your holiday spread (these make great muffins, too)
- 15 oz whole kernel sweet corn
- 14 oz cream-style corn
- 8 oz cornbread muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, unsalted
- ½ c sour cream
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Mix all ingredients and pour into a greased 9×9 baking dish.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.