This is a classic quiche recipe that’s pretty easy to make, tasty and with lots of veggies & meats. You could even add more since this easy quiche bakes pretty solid, with perfect measurements.
I got this recipe from a 2008 coupon for sour cream.
I have lots of recipes for quiche, and often prepare my own quiche crust, but I decided to cheat this time.
First, bake your bacon. I used 5 regular thickness bacon strips, and put them on a baking sheet with rack. Turn the oven to 425 and bake for about 20 minutes (don’t preheat, just toss the pan in right away). I like to flip the bacon halfway through, but you don’t have to. My oven is uneven (yes, I know how to level it, I just haven’t done it), so it’s always hotter in the back.
While the bacon cooks, gather and dice your veggies: onion, red and green bell peppers, mushrooms. You’re going to sautee these in butter. I like to let it cool before adding it to my egg mixture – I don’t want to pre-cook the egg.
When the bacon is done to your liking (you might need to tack on 5 minutes and turn up the heat to 450), set the oven to 450.
Press one pie crust into the pie pan, cover with foil and bake 8 minutes. Remove the foil and bake 5 more minutes. It will poof up – no worries, your egg mix will press it back into the pan. Also, no need to grease the pan in my experience. I use a dark glass pie pan for my quiche and it never sticks. Make sure you have some pinched edges on the pie crust.
Reduce the oven to 350 and allow the pie crust to cool. Crumble your bacon and then mix it with eggs, sour cream, cheese, salt & pepper. Then add your veggies and mix well. Pour into the pie pan and bake for 40 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
- ¼ onion, diced
- ¼ red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ green bell pepper, diced
- 3 whole white mushrooms, diced
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pie crust
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz sour cream
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ c swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Bake the bacon at 425 for 20-25 minutes. Allow bacon to cool, and preheat the oven to 450°.
- Dice the veggies and sautee in butter.
- Press the pie crust into the pie pan, cover with foil and bake at 450 for 8 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 5 minutes. Remove the pie crust, allowing it to cool and turn oven to 350°F.
- Beat the eggs, crumble the bacon and combine both with sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper and veggies.
- Pour the egg mix into the pie crust and bake for 40 minutes.